Sugar Free Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
April 18, 2010
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar free baking sweetener
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 5×8 loaf pans. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the sour cream, vanilla and lemon extract. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.